Join the Coalition as a Member
ArCOP’s members are from an array of backgrounds all interested in one thing: a healthier Arkansas.
Membership is free and there are no strings attached! Members are invited to be as involved as they want:
- Add your name to the count of Arkansans who want to live healthy in our communities. The higher the count, the stronger our collective voices.
- Learn about and share opportunities for funding, programs, projects, events – if it has to do with increasing access to healthy foods and/or physical activity, we want to know about it and share it!
- Help your community receive Growing Healthy Communities recognition and funding.
- Want to be even more involved? Join a Work Team.
Coalition Communications FAQs
Q: Have a post, link or picture you want to share with the Coalition on Facebook?
A: Click “Share”. Make sure it’s set to “public”. Tag ArCOP’s Facebook page in the post area by typing “@” and “Arkansas Coalition for Obesity Prevention”.
To actually “tag” ArCOP’s page, you have to let Facebook put two-and-two together while you type. So let it populate a drop-down list and click on ArCOP’s page. When you do it this way, our Facebook admin can automatically share as the page and get info out sooner rather than later!
Bonus: If you put a note “to” Coalition members if you’re sharing a picture or link, your message will be conveyed even more quickly!
-What not to do- Don’t post information on ArCOP’s Facebook wall if you want it shared with the Coalition. We can’t “share” those posts and very very few people will ever see them.
Q: Have a link, picture, or tweet to share with the Coalition on Twitter?
A: Just include “@arobesity” in your tweet and we’ll get it and RT!
Q: Have a press release, article, event, grant, or other information you want posted to ArCOP’s website?
A: Fill out a form here with the following information:
Subject line: For ArCOP website – News
- Contact information as you want it to appear on the website
Q: Have a resource you want added to ArCOP’s online Healthy Communities Toolkit?
A: Fill out the form at the bottom of the Healthy Communities Toolkit page
Q: You want to contact someone with ArCOP?
A: Look here.
Q: You want to request an email blast out to the Coalition and/or ArCOP Team?
A: Send and copy either the Coalition Chair or the appropriate ArCOP Team Chair(s)
Subject line: ArCOP Email Blast Request
- Email subject line
- Contact information anyone would use to get questions answered
- Audience/Who to send to? (Entire Coalition, Growing Healthy Communities, ArCOP Team?)
How does my organization/business/agency become a Partner?
Sign up here! It’s free and the only requirement is a desire to see Arkansas healthier. Learn more.